[Coco] Run program by typing DOS

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 16 20:02:38 EDT 2009

Bill wrote:
> Typing the DOSBOOT.ASM code from Vol 1, Issue 3 of the CoCoNutz Magazine,
> when I try to assemble, I get:

The syntax of that program was that required by EDTASM+. If you are
using a different assembler, you will need to alter the pseudo opcodes
to match whatever your assembler requires.

More to the point, do you understand what the program is trying to do?
If you don't, I can see the confusion. I wanted the source code to work
with both DOS 1.0 and DOS 1.1. For that to happen, you need to select
the DOS on your system by adjusting the statement
VERSON	EQU	11

The 11 means DOS1.1. Change the statement to
VERSON	EQU	10
and DOS1.0 is indicated. The program will assemble using the required
statements inside the conditional statements.