[Coco] How about a CoCo Web Browser?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Mar 13 16:49:52 EDT 2009

On 12 Mar 2009 at 20:06, Tim Fadden wrote:

> Cost/time effective?  We are talking about a COCO right?  If these are
> your concerns, why do you even mess with a CoCo in the first place?
>
> I do it for the fun of it.   If I wanted fast and glitzy, I would be
> using my quad core 3 gig machine.
>
> Tim.

Actually to surf the net with the PC that you mentioned is a bit overkill
there. A single Pentium at 250 MHz is more than sufficient.

I am not trying to be negative but trying to point out that a Coco is a slow
machine to be surfing the net. As I stated before other than the fascination
of doing it for the fun of it there is no real practical reason to do so. Again I
reiterate that doing it would be a project to do it so as to say that it can be
done.

Besides the Coco was the first computer that I ever had and the 6809
assembly was the first that I learned. So I still have an affinity to the
machine and assembly code.

james