[Coco] Saving ML programs

George Ramsower georgeramsower at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 11:52:14 EDT 2009

From: "Robert Gault"

> Bill wrote:
>> I'm trying to save machine language programs to disk, but have no idea
>> where
>> to save them to: savem "program.bin", first address, last address,
>> execution
>> address
>>
>> Help??
>>

> Your question does not make any sense. Do you mean you don't know what
> values to enter for "first address, last address, execution address"?
>
> If true, then you must be trying to save an ml program you did not write.
> If not, I haven't a clue what you mean.
>
> Presumably these programs were loaded from a disk although tape is a
> possibility. You can download a program from my web site, MLFinder, that
> will read a disk to determine these addresses.
> http://home.att.net/~robert.gault/Coco/Downloads/Downloads.htm

 Not being a real programmer, I understood that question totally. He wants
to know how to find the start, end and execution addresses of a given
program.
 At one time, a long time ago.... far, far away, someone had the answer to
that. It seems that after loading a machine language program, this info was
stored at specific addresses in the coco and some PEEKING would reveal those
values. I just don't remember how to do it.

 George