[Coco] FD-502

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 06:56:04 EDT 2009

On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, George Ramsower wrote:

> I'm wondering if there might be some ripple on the power supply that
> different drives that draw different current could affect that ripple and
> give different results. Old caps, you know!

Very likely.  Most external drive enclosures from that vintage had analog
power supplies with cheap electrolytic caps.  Every one I've dug out of
the garage has needed them replaced.  It's surprising how close some
drives can come to working properly with 120Hz. AC power from a bridge
rectifier :-).