[Coco] ADOS 3 Rom Question

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Thu Mar 12 16:48:51 EDT 2009

The WD1773-ph chip is the controller chip for the floppy drive, not a
ROM chip.  I hope you did not blow you ADOS chip.  I believe you want
to buy the DOS Adapter board at http://www.cloud9tech.com/, to put in
the 24pin socket to convert the 28pin ROM to fit in the 24pin ROM
socket.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM, Derek <dml_68 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just got a 28 pin ADOS 3 ROM chip and would like some help on installing into an FD-502 Controller if possible. The Controller I have as 2 ROM Sockets the 28 PIN ROM installed says WDC'83 with a chip number WD1773-ph. The 24 Pin ROM is a Tandy Chip number SCM92128P. When I replaced the 28 PIN ROM with the Ados chip I bought it comes up with the standard Disk Extended Basic screen. (I put back the original ROM chip and the controller works fine so I did not destroy anything)
>
> My questions are
> 1: Is this chip compatible with this controller?
> 2: If yes how do I engage ADOS?
> 3: If no what controlls will work with it?
>
> I do have an old FD-500 controller that has the same configuration (24 Pin ROM has Disk Extdnded Basic and 28 Pin ROM is WDC'83 Chip) But I have not tried on this controller as I wanted to get some help 1st.
>
> Thank you
>

> ** Mistrust Authority. Promote Decentralization **

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies