[Coco] Using PC printer

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 12 10:31:52 EDT 2009

Boisy Pitre wrote:
> On Mar 12, 2009, at 8:42 AM, Robert Gault wrote:
>
>> Bill wrote:
>>> Is there a way to access the PC printer with Coco? I'm using
>>> DriveWire and a
>>> Coco2. I'd like to print some documents from within a .dsk image.
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Theoretically yes. I doubt there is any code in DW3 HDBDOS to permit
>> sending print through a PC under Basic. There is a DW3 print driver
>> for NitrOS-9 which means you should be able to print when running
>> NitrOS-9 with the DW3 printer driver.
>> I tried this with a USB printer and printing did not work. I've not
>> tried it with a standard parallel connection to the printer.
>
> Robert,
>
> When you say you've tried it with a USB printer and it didn't work, what
> exactly happened?
>
>> On the other hand if you have the .dsk image on a PC, why bother going
>> through the Coco? Just extract the document on the PC and print it
>> using a PC program.
>>
>> --

The printer is the HP Deskjet 970Cse. It is using the USB connection to
the PC with usbprint.sys for WinXP and HP support .dlls.

LLIST does nothing under HDBDOS Basic except lock up the Coco. That was
expected.

List filename >/p with the dw3 printer modules installed just returns to
the prompt. Tuneport /p also runs but there is no test print on the printer.
None of the diagnostic light on the printer flash.