[Coco] How about a CoCo Web Browser?

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Wed Mar 11 17:30:27 EDT 2009

On 11 Mar 2009 at 14:28, John W. Linville wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:37:03PM -0400, jdaggett at gate.net wrote: >
> First off you need some means of connecting to the internet either
> through > a modem or through a PC/MAC. Then you can think about a web
> browser. > Can't put the cart before the horse or the cart wont go
> anywhere.
>
> I think he was presuming to use the "get any file via http" feature of
> CoCoNet to account for the communications piece...
>
> John

Yes that would work if you don't mind 56K dial up speeds.

Better off would be to have a dedicated hardware that floated on the buss
that did all the TCP/IP stuff and hooked up to a router to do the PPPOE
stuff. It would be faster.

Sorry I am not thrilled with dial up speeds for internet connections. Even on
Coco3. Roger's BT and Boisey's Drivewire are fine products for what they
do and do best. Trying to put web browser traffic over it to a PC or a MAC
to gain internet is not efficient or cost effective in my opinion.

just my thoughts.

james