[Coco] DriveWire 3 Updates

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Tue Mar 10 00:10:01 EDT 2009

<bow> Thank you kind sir (Boisy)!  </bow>
I could be wrong thinking I was the only CoCo 1 user pleading with you to
repost DriveWire 2 so that the CoCo 1 users out there could still have
access to your great product.  Yet here you go and add CoCo 1 support to
DriveWire 3, not to mention some printing support that someone else had
suggested.  And to top it off you are offering it free of charge to anyone
with their own ROM burning facilities.

I don't have ROM burning facilities myself but that is fine I have no
problem paying for the burnt ROM (and I presume a DOS Adapter because of my
FDC cartridge uses the 24pin ROM) or ROM cartridge, or choosing the SuperIDE
Interface and requesting you write the ROM to the first bank of Flash ROM on
the adapter since I don't have an MPI (heck if I choose the SuperIDE
Interface I should probably request you to burn the CoCo 1 DriveWire ROM to
bank 1, and the CoCo 2 ROM and CoCo 3 ROM to bank 2 and 3 respectively so
that if in the future I acquire different CoCo model I will already have the
ROMs ready to go - then again maybe I can write the other ROMs to those
banks myself since I would technically have that ability)

Anyway, just wanted to say cheers because of the latest development for
DriveWire.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:28 PM, Boisy Pitre <boisy at tee-boy.com> wrote:

> This afternoon I posted new updates to Cloud-9's DriveWire product page:
>
> - All HDB-DOS ROMs are available: CoCo 1 at 38400, CoCo 2 at 57600 and CoCo
> 3 at 115200bps.  They are now all in one zip file on the page
> - All NitrOS-9 disk images are available in one zip file:
>    - NitrOS-9/6809 Level 1 for CoCo1 at 38400
>    - NitrOS-9/6809 Level 2 for CoCo 2 at 57600
>    - NitrOS-9/6809 Level 2 for CoCo 3 at 115200
>    - NitrOS-9/6309 Level 2 for CoCo 3 at 115200
> - Updated servers for Windows and Mac are also posted, so grab them.
>
> Printing is now supported under NitrOS-9 by sending data to the /p device
> (tied to the scdwp driver).  Both servers handle printing.
>
> Also, DriveWire 3 is now officially part of the NitrOS-9 Project.  The
> source is available for your perusal.
>
> I am open to discussing how we can do nightly builds of the project to
> insure updates come in on a timely fashion.
>
> Have fun with it this stuff.
>
> Regards,
> Boisy G. Pitre
> --