[Coco] Model No. 26-3127B motherboard

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sun Mar 8 13:21:37 EDT 2009

> Picture of the Tandy "64K Satelite Board" as found here in Europe in the
> 64K lowercase CoCo2B (with "TANDY 64K Color Computer" plate):
>
> http://dittel.org/CoCo/RAM.jpg

Now I remember the ICs originally weren't socketed as shown in the
picture. There was a bad RAM chip on the board when we got that non
working CoCo from our local (Cologne) Tandy computer store for free, so
my father did replace the original chips by sockets and maybe even a new
set of RAMs. Already the garbage on the screen revealed the T1 lowercase
VDG, because of the slightly different "0". I guess the PAL 2B was never
really sold in Germany (that single one was demo system), because a few
weeks later Tandy decided to close all shops in Germany and removed the
CoCo from the shops in Belgium & the Netherlands. No idea about UK, but
that system was slightly different anyway (different PAL modulator,
different AC powerline connector). That's why the PAL CoCo3 (as sold in
Australia) never made it to Europe (even not to the UK).

Torsten