[Coco] FD-50X Drive manuals

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Sun Mar 8 10:29:12 EDT 2009

----- "Gene Heskett" <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:

> FWIW, this is a huge problem with 8" floppy drives, been there, done
> that.--

Gene, this is slightly off-topic, but do you know of any sources (or fabrication hints) for head-load pads for old CDC and Shugart 8" SSDD floppy drives?  I don't want to lose any more of my TRS-80 Model 2 media (nobody has yet written [or probably ever will, as there are few games] an emulator for that line and I am incompetent to do so).  Model 2 Scripsit (no relation to Color Scripsit except in name, there were half a dozen unrelated programs with that name produced in Fort Worth) is still one of my preferred word processing programs, the same program Isaac Asimov used to type his last hundred or so books.

Ward Griffiths        wdg3rd at comcast.net

<home.comcast.net/~wdg3rd>
(page has stale links and resume is not up to date as I'm employed at a dead end job with a health plan and if I quit for a short-lived high-pay consulting gig, La Esposa will make me homeless before the first check arrives)