[Coco] Floppy disks

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Sun Mar 8 09:32:05 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,
Yes you want DSDD 5.25" 360K diskettes.  I had the same problem as you
describe back in Aug / Sep last year as I tried getting my CoCo 1 going.  I
luckily had a box of DSDD diskettes.  My biggest fight was drive jumpers and
getting the drive select and other settings correct since none of my drives
where CoCo drives.

I also have both 3.5" and 5.25" floppy drives.  The only problem is I
haven't sourced any DSDD 3.5" 720K diskettes, and have been fudging my way
along covering the HD hole on the 3.5" 1.44M diskettes I have, which results
in very un-reliable disk writes.  As for my DSDD 5.25" 360K diskettes they
are flawless even with my odd Teac FD-55F-03-U 80 track DSDD 720K drives.

Unfortunately the basic I have only allows the 35 track single side
formatting.  Though it is my understanding that NitrOS-9 Level 1 can be
configured to use the entire 80 tracks and both sides.

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Bill <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com> wrote:

> Please refresh my memory. Will plain old double-sided, double density disks
> work? I might be able to get some from my local Office Depot (hopefully).
>
> ______________________________________
> *Square One Christian BBS
> Web access: http://www.sq1bbs.com/index.php
> Telnet access: telnet://sq1bbs.com