[Coco] FD-50X Drive manuals

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Sat Mar 7 22:17:43 EST 2009

Ok,

Get the make/model number from each drive. We should be able to get the
tech information from each one.  it is most likely a jumper/cable
problem, that can be fixed. The drives themselves most likely are ok. I
doubt the tandy manuals would help. They are specifically for the drives
that tandy supplied, and won't have any information on any other drive.

What are you using for a controller, case, and cable?   What are the
symptoms? If you have your yahoo chat, start it up and I will get on
line with ya and see if  we can work it out.

If you are using the stock tandy cable, Both drives must be set as
target 1 (some drives may say 0)  the drive at the end of the cable
should have the resistor pack installed, and the one in the middle of
the cable should have the resistor removed.

If you are using a straight through cable, the only difference is that
one floppy should be jumpered as disk one, and the other as disk 2. The
rest still applies.

Really need details in order to properly diagnose the issue!

Tim