[Coco] DriveWire

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Fri Mar 6 13:43:48 EST 2009

Boisy,

These responses from you and Robert are very informational.  Now I have a
couple of questions.

You have DriveWire 3 HDB-DOS ROM Pak available (and if I recall correctly
had a DriveWire 2 ROM Pak previously).
When you say ROM Pak are you saying a board with a ROM on it?
Or are you meaning a ROM that fits into say... an existing 26-3029 FDC ROM
socket?

I am contemplating the idea of getting the TC^3 SCSI Controller or the
SuperIDE Interface.  It looks like I could definitely use the TC^3 SCSI
Controller on a Y Cable with my 26-3029 FDC.  It also seems that I may be
able to use the SuperIDE Interface on a Y Cable, provided I either disable
the SuperIDE flash ROM or have the 26-3029 ROM disabled and an equivalent
ROM (DriveWire HDB-DOS) loaded in the SuperIDE flash ROM.  It would seem I
could then keep my physical floppy drives accessible.

Remaining concern for me is that I own a CoCo 1 and unless you provide
DriveWire 2 still and my above presumptions are correct, there is no easy
way for me to have access to virtual disk images, and physyical floppy
drives and possible physical hard drives (or Zip drive).

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies