[Coco] DriveWire 3

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Fri Mar 6 11:57:39 EST 2009

I think this device will be wonderful.  I know the USB to UART chip is
compatible with Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/CP2102-USB-TTL-RS232-Serial-Port-Converter-Transceiver_W0QQitemZ250382968852QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCA_Cables_Adapters?hash=item250382968852&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14

Ordering one this week, in preparation of using DriveWire on my CoCo 1, or
at very least to allow me to communicate with my GIMIX 6809 Ghost machines.

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 10:47 AM, N8WQ <exwn8jef at gmail.com> wrote:

> Boisy,
> Can you or someone on the list recommend a good USB to Serial adapter?
> Unfortunately, I don't have a serial connector. :(
> Thanks...
>
> Alan Jones
>
> --
> N8WQ - Canal Winchester, Ohio
> http://exwn8jef.googlepages.com/home
>

> Boisy Pitre wrote:
>
>> As the saying goes, the only way to fight fire is with fire.
>>
>> So starting today, DriveWire 3 is now a free downloadable product from
>> Cloud-9.
>>
>> You can go to our website at http://www.cloud9tech.com/ and click on the
>> DriveWire announcement on the main page.  It will take you to the DriveWire
>> 3 page, where you can now download DriveWire HDB-DOS ROMs for the CoCo 2 and
>> CoCo 3.  Of course, you will need to burn your own EPROM in order to take
>> advantage of these images.
>>
>> For those of you who don't have an EPROM burner or cable, we've dropped
>> the price of our HDB-DOS ROM Pak to $20, and are still making cables
>> available for $10.
>>
>> The server software for Windows and Mac will go up sometime today.  The
>> Linux server on SourceForge has been updated to handle the new protocol
>> features.
>>
>> Documentation and NitrOS-9 images will be go up this weekend.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Boisy G. Pitre
>> --
>> Tee-Boy