[Coco] 16550 wasRe: RS232 paks

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Mar 6 01:03:46 EST 2009

On Friday 06 March 2009, Mark Marlette wrote:
>Gene,
>
>I am glad that your memory has returned on this. :)
>
>Darn it, being arrogant...Again......

A wee bit perhaps, but then the same can quite easily be said of me when my
technical feet are on solid ground.  I've even got a degree from the
University of Hard Knocks.  See at
<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/pix/UHK-diploma2.jpg>

You can only get one of those if you have 'made it' in life without any
education above high school, and as only an 8th grade graduate, I qualified
with points to spare.  Oh, and they need a $100 bill, a donation to the
student loan fund at Alderson-Broddus College in Phillipe WV.  I think the
fact that you can spare the $100 bill is evidence that you've 'made it'. :)

I finally did get a GED too, also in the early 90's.  Took the test, they said
I'd hear in a week or so, I let 2 go by and collared the teacher giving the
test.  His reply to my question was "Why do you care, you WERE just doing it
for the exercise weren't you?"  He of course was right. :-)

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)