[Coco] 16550 wasRe: RS232 paks

Frank Pittel fwp at deepthought.com
Fri Mar 6 01:13:52 EST 2009

On Thu, Mar 05, 2009 at 11:18:00PM -0600, Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 10:54 PM 3/5/2009, you wrote:
>> You don't get it Roger, and by God, I don't think you ever will.
>
> Trust me, Boisy.  I get it.  We have a pile of b.s. on the ground and
> somebody's been trying their best to get me to slam my foot into it,
> only when I did, the shit slung over on them.  And sometimes the person
> baiting the hook gets the hook stuck in their finger.  I've said all I'm
> going to say.
>
> Now you guys keep up the good work, and let others peacefully keep up
> their good work, and all will be well.  I'm going to bed.

Now that everyone has said all they're going to say on the matter can we let
it drop? While I like the idea of a "bluetooth network" between the coco and pc.
I don't see how it would be useful to me.

A few things I would like to see for those that care and have the ability to do it.

A superide type device with a additional port for floppy drives.
A usb port usable for storage with hdb-dos and nitros support.
A version of hdb-dos that lets me use my superide adaptor, scsi adaptor and drivewire
at the same time!!
and last but not least the ability to use drivewire that will let my coco "print" to
a file on my pc running linux.

Those four products would allow me to die a happy man! :-)

Frank