[Coco] Pretty new screen

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 5 11:22:17 EST 2009

Bill wrote:
> I woke up this morning and turned on my Coco, and I have a pretty new
> screen. Please look at http://www.sq1bbs.com/coco/coco-scr.jpg (this is a
> close duplicate of the screen) and see if you can (maybe) figure out what's
> wrong. I'm sure that there are some Cocoists who have seen this before.

There is no way to tell what is wrong just by looking at this image.

You should check the seating of all socketed ICs and the MPI / Coco
ports if used. Oxidation and misalignment preventing Basic from starting
is a possibility.

If you have or have access to a service manual, check voltages at
various parts of the motherboard. Part of the power supply could have blown.