[Coco] Multi-Pak Interface question.

Ryan Pritchard coconut at pritchard.ca
Tue Mar 3 23:11:48 EST 2009

It would be my understanding that any patent (if any existed) on the
MPI would be expired at this point, leaving only a potential for copy-
write issues.  Though my thought is if one can buy the PAL fix for the
CoCo 3, then one merely has to assemble said parts from a schematic
and voila MPI.

On the flip side there was mention of Chris Hawk who is still on this
list that previously made a compatible/comparable device called the
SlotPak III, as was pointed out by Tom Seagrove.  Maybe he would be
able to release details on that device if they still exist such that
we could see these manufactured again, or at least people could choose
to make one themselves.

Regards,

Ryan Pritchard
Fun Extends All Basic Life Expectancies