[Coco] Test RS232 pak

Bill cwgordon at carolina.rr.com
Tue Mar 31 18:21:45 EDT 2009

I was given an RS232 pak, and the one who gave it to me said he thought it
MIGHT be bad.

How can I test to be sure? I've done an EXEC 49152 and come up with the
"Deluxe RS-232 Program Pak" screen. It gives me several choices, B (Baud
rate), D (Duplex), W (Word length), P (Parity), S (Stop bits), L (Auto line
feed), U (Upper case only), M (Modem 1), and Z (Terminal Communications
mode).

Regardless of which key I press, nothing changes, and nothing happens when I
hit the <BREAK> key (it doesn't "Break from Menu")

I do not have a modem to hook it to, nor a cable to hook it to one of the
com ports on my PC.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks