[Coco] Seeking home for my CoCo magazines and software - being given away FREE

Charles Zimmer cczimmer at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:39:20 EDT 2009

Hello to all,

I am preparing to down-size my home and need to part with my collection of CoCo magazines, books and software that I no longer use.  I am keeping a minimum system for nostalgic reasons, or to pass on an heir who may someday benefit from them.

I can't bear the thought of these treasured magazines, books and programs going to the landfill so, I am offering them FREE to a member of the CoCo community who can make use of them.

I have no problem with the recipient selling them if that is their purpose, as I believe any buyer would be a grateful owner and would gain from their use.

My only restriction is that the recipient takes the whole collection, as I can't manage the task of parcelling items out, piecemeal.

I will email any interested parties an Excel Spreadsheet or CSV file giving all of the particulars, catalog numbers, version info, etc.

Here is an overview of what I have, to give away:
MAGAZINES:

Hot Coco from June-83 through February-86

Color Computer Magazine from March-83 through October-84

Microcomputer News (Tandy) from February-82 to February-84 (one missing issue)

Rainbow from Vol 1, No 1 (mid 1981) through October-90 (three missing issues)

SOFTWARE:

FHL Forth
Color Profile
EDTASM - cartridge version
Color LOGO
DeskMate
VIP Calc - disk
VIP Writer - disk
Zaxxon - cassette

BOOKS AND MANUALS:

Color Computer Assembly Language Programming - Barden
Color Computer Graphics - Barden
Starting Forth - Brodie
Tandy Starting and Going Ahead manuals
Original Coco and CoCo2 Reference/Service Manuals
Floppy Disk Service Manual
Disk Interface Manual
Disk Basic Unravelled - Spectral Assoc.

The main challenge would be for someone to come and pick them up, because I cannot pay to ship them and they are in 9 full boxes, approximately 9x12x6 inches.

I will gladly give them to someone willing to drive to Sudbury, Massachusetts, to pick them up.  Sudbury is about 25 miles west of Boston, MA, and just south of Concord, MA.

Please reply by email if you are interested and I will answer questions you may have or make arrangements for you to pick them up.

I will give the items to the first person who commits to pick them up.  In the event the pickup doesn't work out, I will try other responders, in the order received.

I am very pleased to see that the CoCo community continues into the 21st century.

Best regards,

Chuck Zimmer
Sudury, MA