[Coco] CoCoNet progress

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Mar 23 18:23:07 EDT 2009

The beloved 6551...

How does 453,000 virtual disk sectors transferred over bluetooth
without errors sound?  That's almost a half a million sectors on
drives 0-3, all tracks and sectors being read in series over and over
@ 115200 bps with not a single retransmission!  This is with the
bluetooth pak using the 6551 ACIA, with slight latency changes and
rare but definate pauses from the PC if the system was doing
something that froze the ports, etc.

The sector looper program is still running.  Later this evening I'll
try to break up the stream by bogging down the PC, etc. but I've
currently got 10 apps and windows open and she's ticking along pretty fast.

--
Roger Taylor

http://www.wordofthedayonline.com