[Coco] Making custom boot disks from nitros9 cvs tree

Michael Furman n6il at ocs.net
Sun Mar 15 19:53:34 EDT 2009

The build system in Unix land is different than using mb on a live
coco, so I just want to make sure this sounds correct:

Suppose for example I wanted to make a boot disk that has the emudsk
drivers for working with VHD drives. To make a custom boot disk from
the nitros9 source tree, I would edit the makefile in $NITROS9DIR/
level2/coco3/bootfiles to add $NITROS9DIR/3rdparty/modules/emudsk/
h0.dd etc. and do a top-level make dsk from $NITROS9DIR/level2/
coco3.    How much trouble is it to add my own target to the makefiles
so I can leave the default ones alone?   If there's no quick answer I
can hack it up myself but just curious... i can just delete the
makefile and get a new copy from CVS if it gets messed up i suppose.

Thanks.
--Mikey