[Coco] Nitros9-6809L2 clock weirdness

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Fri Mar 13 19:05:38 EDT 2009

Cheers!

 I started with an existing COCO3 os9L2 hard drive system.  I had been
using the latest nitros9 clock and clock for a DistoSuperII-4in1.  It
worked perfectly.

I put the nitros distribution diskett on my hard drive, did a chx to its
cmds dir, edited the standard.bl file for my hard ware config, adding
scsisy driverers descripters etc along with the drivewire stuff.

Booted great,  had to change the t2_sc6551.dd to address of FF54 to
work, one problem solved.

Next I noticed that the clock was not working properly.  never picked up
the date from the clock chip on the disto.
I did an ident on the clock and clock2 modules that were loaded, and
compared it to the modules that had been previously working.  They were
identical!

Ok, so i copied the clock and clock2 that was working into the nitros
modules/clock dir, edited the standard.bl file to point to them, created
a new boot disk and low and behold it worked!  Seems strange to me. I
thought that if there was any difference whatsoever, the checksum would
be different at least.  Not the case.

Whats with that?

Tim Fadden