[Coco] Using PC printer

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 12 09:42:34 EDT 2009

Bill wrote:
> Is there a way to access the PC printer with Coco? I'm using DriveWire and a
> Coco2. I'd like to print some documents from within a .dsk image.
>
> Thanks

Theoretically yes. I doubt there is any code in DW3 HDBDOS to permit
sending print through a PC under Basic. There is a DW3 print driver for
NitrOS-9 which means you should be able to print when running NitrOS-9
with the DW3 printer driver.
I tried this with a USB printer and printing did not work. I've not
tried it with a standard parallel connection to the printer.

On the other hand if you have the .dsk image on a PC, why bother going
through the Coco? Just extract the document on the PC and print it using
a PC program.