[Coco] Organizing FTP area

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Mon Mar 9 11:37:32 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Recently I've seen quite a few new items uploaded to
ftp://maltedmedia.com/coco/

The pre-2009 stuff has been moved to the Unfiled_As_of_Yet directory,
which is filling up. There's also a "VARIOUS" directory and numerous
unhelpful subcategories. It's not terrible, but it's getting awkward
and less than simple to find stuff.

It would be fantastic to have this better organized, as it's grown
fairly large. After 2005, it got too much for me to keep up with, and
I've received numerous suggestions on how I should re-organize it.

This isn't something that I really want to do myself.

So this is a request for ONE volunteer to help reorganize this FTP
directory system. I'll give you unlimited FTP access (only FTP
access) if you can work effectively with a Unix file system and are
absolutely certain you won't screw it up.

Let me know OFF-LIST if you're interested and maybe how you would do
it and the time frame. I'll then put those who contact me in touch
with each other, and you can decide who would best lead the 'team' in
doing it. Since I will be gone for a month as of March 22, I'd like
to have it started before then.

This resource gets a lot of traffic, so it seems reasonable to fix it
up in a useful way.

And PS to the list volunteers: During the time I'm gone, please check
for new subscriptions and make sure they're real people.

Many thanks,
Dennis

Country Stores book!
<http://www.amazon.com/Country-Stores-Vermont-Dennis-Bathory-kitsz/dp/1596294752/>