[Coco] GIME chip data collection

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Fri Jun 19 09:39:45 EDT 2009

Nick one last thing I forgot:

VTi is no longer a company that I can find info about. It may have been
absorbed by another or just out of business. So chasing that end maybe a
futile effort. VLSI is still an active Fabrication company. They may not have
their own line of chips but are a house that designs and manufactures other
companies designs. That would make sense as Tandy would not have
invested the millions to build their own fab house. Instead they would
contract out the design and manufacturing. SO my guess is that VTi was
the first and either could not meet cost, quality and/or schedule, they
switched to VLSI.

james

ps

Yes I do believe now more so that at one time there was at least a few
Coco3's out there that could have had the "256 color" mode. How many still
exist today is more likey a handfull.