[Coco] In Memorium

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Jun 16 11:18:09 EDT 2009

 >> If I have the time correct, at 21:00 EDST, Robert Gibons, father of
 >> former Glenside Color Computer Club president, Rob Gibons, passed
 >> from this life into the next.  They were very close.  Please remember
 >> Rob and his sisters and their families at this time of emotional and
 >> spiritual need.  He is a List member, and will see your posts,
 >> eventually.

Rob,

I am sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my father back in 2005, and
it won't be long before I lose my mother, too, unfortunately.

I try to remember all the good times my father and I had together as I
grew up; I'll never forget us taking turns at my first CoCo 2 typing in
that first BASIC program from the book, and finding it wouldn't run
because we forgot to hit Enter at the end of each line (instead, we
spaced over!)...

I don't know your age; you may be older than me and know all of this,
you may be younger and just experiencing it new; it will get better, and
you'll have the memories, and even if they are a bit painful to
remember, they are ultimately something to hold on to, and cherish.

If there is anything that we here can do, let us know.

-- Andrew L. Ayers, Glendale, Arizona