[Coco] Time for that CoCo 3 ethernet card! Twitter access on the C64.

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jun 14 22:25:06 EDT 2009

On 14 Jun 2009 at 22:30, Phill Harvey-Smith wrote:

> Though from a hardware interfacing standpoint, stuff designed to work
> on a 6502 should pretty easily adapt to work on a 6809, as the
> hardware architecture is very similar. Remembering that the 6500 (or
> was it 6501), was designed as a drop in replacement for the 6800, by
> ex Motorola staff.
>
> Cheers.

The 6502 is very similar to the 6800 in working. i would at first think that
any hardware for a 65020 could be interfaced with a 6809. At least on the
top of my head I don't really see any issues but i could be wrong. Hardware
wise there would be some inconveniences due to different connector
schemes between the two.

james