[Coco] What do you make of this non-approved HSCREEN mode?

Torsten Dittel Torsten at Dittel.info
Sun Jun 14 07:51:23 EDT 2009

I guess analysing the discrete CoCo3 prototype would reveal which modes
are fully implemented and which not and explain the one or the other
"strange" behavior.

However, I'm still astonished, that this is the first time after more
than 20 years someone is more or less systematically trying out all bit
combinations of the GIME registers and describing the way bit patterns
in memory are displayed on the screen. Makes me once more sigh at not
having access to a CoCo3 here in Germany in these times. Now I have some
PAL machines from Down Under boxed, but absolutely no time to dive into
that maiden-like water... ;-)