[Coco] Drivewire for Linux

Tim Fadden t.fadden at cox.net
Fri Jun 12 10:17:34 EDT 2009

Bill wrote:
> I did.
>
> Here is the response:
>
> root at Ubuntu: cvs login: CVS password file /root/.cvspass does not exist -
> creating a new file
> cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/drivewires
> erver login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/drivewir
> eserver
> CVS password: <ENTER>
> cvs login: authorization failed: server drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net
> rejected access to /cvsroot/drivewireserver for user anonymous
> root at Ubuntu:/home/bill/sources# cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/drivewires
> erver login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/drivewir
> eserver
> CVS password: <cwgordon at carolina.rr.com>
> cvs login: authorization failed: server drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net
> rejected access to /cvsroot/drivewireserver for user anonymous
> root at Ubuntu:/home/bill/sources# cvs
> -d:pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/drivewires
> erver login
> Logging in to
> :pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:2401/cvsroot/drivewir
> eserver
> CVS password: <anonymous>
> cvs login: authorization failed: server drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net
> rejected access to /cvsroot/drivewireserver for user anonymous
>
> Nothing I put in as password will let me do what I need to do.

I wonder if the servier is down.  I cut and pasted the lines in with my
linux, and it logged in fine.  I just tried again, and it logs in fine.

where did this part come from?

root at Ubuntu: cvs login: CVS password file /root/.cvspass does not exist -creating a new file

the first thing to type in is:

root at Ubuntu:cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at drivewireserver.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/drivewireserver login