[Coco] What do you make of this non-approved HSCREEN mode?

James Hrubik jimhrubik at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 6 23:36:54 EDT 2009

Hmmm.  HSCREEN2 is only 320 pixels wide.  Line 30 says you are poking
128 into the first 16 pixels of the hires screen.  Is T a counter?  I
though perhaps the program was grabbing 400 as the decimal number of
pixels in the row, so I changed it to 319, but it did not change the
display.  Line 40 says you are poking 64 into pixels 17-20, then
executing the T loop again.

What has me puzzled now is that line 40 seems to be executing before
line 30, in that pixels 0-3 turn black, then there are 16 red ones,
then another 4 black, etc.  After 16 black "dashes" are laid down in
the top row, 4 light blue "dashes" get laid down in the second row
SIMULTANEOUSLY with the last 4 dashes in the top row; the last 4
dashes in the top row are also the same light blue instead of black.
That is where the second row at the left side comes in being generated.

So I am seeing the program itself specify laying down 16 pixels of
one color, followed by 4 pixels of a second color.  On screen,
however, I see it lay down 4 pixels of one color followed by 16 of
the second color, and possibly suffering some sort of line overflow
before it gets to the end of the HSCREEN2 row.

Maybe more commenting of the listing would help solve this??  What
did you want it to do??