[Coco] Crunch?

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:35:28 EDT 2009

On 6/3/09, Willard Goosey wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 07:52:35PM -0400, Paul Fitch wrote:
>> I don't think you have anything to fix either, since its not broken.  Of
>> course, I always assumed that a .DSK or .OS9 image was an actual virtual
>> COPY of a real disk in all respects.
>
> Some of the tools that take will take files and build a .dsk with them
> only make the file as large as it has to be to store the files and the
> directory.
>
> So a DECB .dsk will have at least the first 17 tracks, but an OS-9
> .dsk might only be N*256 bytes long, possibly not even to an even
> number of tracks.

The problem is definitely with VCC.  If you pad out the Urbane.dsk
file to exactly 161,280 bytes (630 sectors) VCC will still not be able
to access it properly.  I think it is seeing the data in track 0
sector 1 and deciding that it must be an OS-9 disk (even though it
isn't). It then uses that information to setup an incorrect disk
geometry.

Darren