[Coco] I love VCC + wish list

Darren A mechacoco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 19:39:59 EDT 2009

On 6/1/09, Paul Fitch wrote:

> <snip>
>
> 4) I wish there was a way to emulate artifacting on a PCs LCD screen.  Now
> we are talking physics and human visual perception, not software.  I'll name
> my 1st born after the man that can figure that out<g>.  (Roger, you want to
> be a Godfather?)

There is a way to emulate artifacting.  MESS does a pretty darn good job of it.

I wrote a program which displays artifacted images using the same
method.  It isn't too dificult.  For each pixel that needs to be
drawn, you combine the bit values from the two pixels to the left, the
target pixel and the two pixels to the right. That value is then used
to obtain the target pixel's color from a look-up table.  I use two
color tables; one for odd columns and one for even columns.  Swapping
the color tables provides for circumstances where the image needs to
be displayed in the alternate SAM initialization state.

Darren