[Coco] Creating a real floppy from a dsk image over drivewire

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jul 31 23:06:35 EDT 2009

On Friday 31 July 2009, Michael Furman wrote:
>I have found myself without a linux pc with a real floppy drive and
>need to create a real floppy disk from a dsk image that I have on my
>Mac.  Is there any way to do this?  I have tried various things like
>playing with the drive on/drive off command in hdb dos, and also
>trying in nitros9 doing backups from /xN to /d0, and also backup f
>blah.dsk /d0 with no luck.
>
>Any hints?

Take the floppy drive from the coco to the linux box, tell the bios its there,
and it should work.  You'll have to master the cli commands to make it write a
coco formatted disk on linux, and may have to install the mdutils to get it
all. ISTR that is the right name anyway.  Its been a while, somebody correct
me if that is the wrong package.

I was having interchange problems for a while and did that for a few months.