[Coco] success with DCom

Ron Bihler rbihler at msn.com
Sun Jul 26 17:32:31 EDT 2009

Wayne Campbell wrote:
> I have (re-?)learned a few things in the last few weeks. First, the byte I had to change to make the DCom disk image recognized by NitrOS-9 is the # of tracks. $07 is a 720K 80-Track, and $03 is a 360K 40-Track. Fortunately, making that change didn't affect the readability of the disk image.
>
> The second thing I learned is that Basic09 01.01.00 is a re-write of the Dragon Basic09 (not sure if it's just L1 or both L1 & L2) that Boisy Pitre and others worked on. There were changes made to DATE$ to accomodate the Y2K requirements.
>
> RunB, of the same version number, seems to have a bug. I can't decompile anything running DCom from the OS-9 command line, but I can by running Basic09 and running DCom from within it.
>
> I have successfully decompiled DCom. Now I have the task of trying to invent new variable names to replace the DCom generic names. Once that's done, I'm ready to place DCom in the public domain.
>
> Wayne

Wayne

If you using the version of runb that was on the dcom disk it will
work.  There is something different between the runb versions, I ran
into the same problem trying to dcom RiBBS, if I ran Dcom within Nitros
or LV2 it would crash.  But when I moved the Runb supplied with Dcom to
the Cmds Dir ran just fine.

Ron