[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Jul 24 11:28:34 EDT 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009, richec wrote:
>On Tuesday 14 July 2009 10:56:18 Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Tuesday 14 July 2009, richec wrote:
>> >Hi Gene,
>> >
>> >What is the ".ar" extension? I tired to use Ark to extract COCOKA9Q and
>> > it didn't know what to do with it. TIA
>>
>> That is the name of the compressor that was used for smunching files back
>> in those days.  There are, or were, versions for ar-1.2 and ar-1.3 & maybe
>> ar-1.5 on rtsi.  If not, I think I can probably find a copy and put it in
>> the nitros9 tree of my web page.
>>
>> >Also I loaded rar into the system and it did not jump on it either.
>>
>> All of those are geared for more efficient, but more cpu intensive
>> methods.
>>
>> >Richard
>> >
>> >--
>
> Ok... "I see the light now" said the blind carpenter who got his hammer and
>saw, we were talking about an OS-9 proggy... right?

Yes Richard.  I guess that detail escaped me, mainly because to me it was a
given.  I used to turn it on, and type dos long before the tube monitor was
warmed up, so I rarely saw the color cycling rsbasic cursor.  Now, with a tc^3
scsi controller and hdb-dos, it's automatic from the hd, or I can override it
to boot from a floppy which has newer bootfiles on it.