[Coco] country blocked

Dave Kelly daveekelly1 at embarqmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:39:37 EDT 2009

Roger Taylor wrote:
> At 06:07 AM 7/15/2009, you wrote:
>> Why would the Russians be interested in trying to shut down a website
>> about an obsolete 8 bit system like the CoCo?
>
> I think the point is that countries and "bots" are doing this to each
> other, in the thousands daily, not just to a CoCo site.

When these first started, the web site I maintain was getting hit 50 to
70 times a day. My website is about fly fishing. Not medicine, sex,
money investment, Las Vegas, etal.

I made everyone be approved to become a user.I scan the apps and if one
looks promising, I run a 'whois' and if that looks promising I then run
a 'traceroute'. Today, I had a 'whois' IP host that took me to Billings
Montana. Great, middle of fly fishing country. A 'traceroute' failed at
hop 13, where most do when they try to hop the east pond.

Those get put in the ban list. That seems to be working somewhat.

When they shut the  chief American source of spam down it was predicted
that Russia was going to become the main country to fill the gap.

Dave

--
I'm a vulgar old cuss, I fought for every bit of filthy dirt on me,
don't expect me to sparkle.