[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Wed Jul 15 11:54:53 EDT 2009

On Wednesday 15 July 2009, John W. Linville wrote:
>On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 10:34:56PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 12 July 2009, Tim Fadden wrote:
>> >TCPSER is linux. I did a google looking for it, and many linux flavored
>> >hits for it. There is s similar program called BBSserver.exe. There are
>> >some commodore bbs's running this on the net.
>> >
>> >Tim Fadden
>>
>> Apparently not in the fedora 10 repos.  Darn, I'll have to build the
>> tarball.
>>
>> :)
>
>Probably not that much call for it...perhaps you should package it? :-)
>
>John

Got it, made it, not installed by the make that I could see.  Needs docs/man
pages badly, the README is very sparse.  And this machines only real serial
port is busy, with a cable to the real coco3, so that part s/b already to go.
But with mother nature getting upset, I bought one of Rogers bluetooth carts
and have that setup so I can login to the coco from here without the long
cable to pickup surges.  Now the question is, can I shut down the minicom
session I usually access the coco with, run this, and using the BT circuit,
use supercomm or vt-220 to actually get the coco online?  That would be neat.
Humm, how about an os9 version of linx, the text web browser?

Darn, there I go letting my mind wander & its too little to be let out alone.

Hey, better yet, since that would only be useful to me, could one link a web
page to it so folks could run their own session of minicom into it from a link
on my web page?  That might be more useful for others. ;)

OTOH, whats new on my coco also exists in the nitros9 link now.  Hummmm...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

I will never lie to you.