[Coco] CoCo3.com Forums spam problems

Steve Bjork 6809er at bjork-huffman.net
Tue Jul 14 11:01:14 EDT 2009

Roger,

They still use humans to sign up for the forums and then use both humans
and bots to do spam.  So, any auto-approve system just does not work
these days.

My code for my client sites use an approval system that a real person
must look over the new user's info before an account is made active.
This stop most spamers because the information they sign in with always
full of holes.