[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 13 13:32:17 EDT 2009

On Monday 13 July 2009, John Donaldson wrote:
>Gene,
>   Not sure where the COCO version is. By the time I started playing
>around with TCP I was doing it on the MM/1 and using the OSK version of
>KA9Q.  One way is to see if he is still around is by doing a search for
>him at www.QRZ.com. Go there and type in KA9Q.
>
>John Donaldson
>
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> On Sunday 12 July 2009, John Donaldson wrote:
>>> Neil,
>>>    There is a version of the KA9Q Telnet TCP program that runs on a COCO.
>>>
>>> John Donaldson

And that comes up with Phillip Karn, whose ham call is KA9Q now for a few
years.  But no email.  However a search for KA9Q on google found his web page,
and his web page had links to COCOKA9Q.ar, dated 1995 on ucsd's ftp site.  So
I grabbed it.  This copy is hopefully newer than the one I played with a
decade and change back.  He now, and quite rightfully, recommends linux for
ones networking needs on more conventional x86 hdwe.  I put it at
<http://gene.homelinux.net:85/gene/nitros9/3rdparty/packages/> in case anyone
else wants to play.  No idea what the license terms are as yet, I haven't
unpacked it.

[...]

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Shame is an improper emotion invented by pietists to oppress the human race.
		-- Robert Preston, Toddy, "Victor/Victoria"