[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 12 17:26:45 EDT 2009

On Sunday 12 July 2009, Charles Richmond wrote:
>A few years ago on the web, some guy had his TRS-80 (*not* the Coco)
>running a BBS on the web. It was connected to the internet via his
>PC, and you could telnet into it. But the BBS itself was running on
>the *actual* TRS-80 hardware and disks.

I've thought about doing something similar & then I remember that the whole
machine is available, so that and the increase in the light bill tended to
make it just a thought.  A 2 meg coco3, with a gigabyte hard drive would make
a good playground though.  I'd have to set up another port forward in the
router too, and that's just another attack vector.  Yesterdays log shows
nearly 5000 packets dropped from 3 addresses that whois back to a couple of
Akemi accounts.  So I may at some point be forced to shut down my web server,
currently running on a non-port 80 address, and then I'd be completely
invisible on the net.  dd-wrt is the best kept secret in the router world.  I
should not admit this but I don't run any other firewalls on the stuff behind
it.  So far, it Just Works(TM).

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

On a normal ascii line, the only safe condition to detect is a 'BREAK'
- everything else having been assigned functions by Gnu EMACS.
	-- Tarl Neustaedter

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: