[Coco] [Color Computer] Telnet program?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 12 00:48:40 EDT 2009

On Sunday 12 July 2009, Neil Morrison wrote:
>No chance. You can use it as a dumb terminal although it's a bit slow,
>but telnet is an internet protocol using TCP - I never saw a version
>of that for the Coco.
>
>Neil

While that is true, if running (Nitr)os9, we do have at least one decent
terminal program that can probably do that job.  I took someones VT-100
program and added enough stuff that it could pass as a VT-220 to the other end
of the circuit, and while I was at it, added the zmodem triggers for bilateral
file transfers.  I believe it is on rtsi someplace, look for a name with VT220
or VT-220 in it.  The vt might be lowercase.  And I have enough CRS that I
can't recall what I packed it with now, sorry.

Another os9 candidate might be supercomm.

>On Sat, Jul 11, 2009 at 8:06 PM, vacuumboy1<vacuumboy1 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Hi! I needed to find a telnet program so I can use the COCO III to use a
>> Cray supercomputer and use startty. Any programs, code(preferebly written
>> in BASIC on a txt file) suggestions, or help will be GREATLY appreciated.

As someone else said, telnet is a network protocol, I think you need a serial
terminal program like vt-220 or supercomm.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Politicians speak for their parties, and parties never are, never have
been, and never will be wrong.
		-- Walter Dwight

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional