[Coco] sculptor was Re: Magazines and Indexes

Willard Goosey goosey at virgo.sdc.org
Fri Jul 10 17:56:50 EDT 2009

On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 08:10:32PM -0700, Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
> Hi,

Hey, wuzup?

> At least it does not trash your data as"DataMaster", 2nd version did.

Data Master is one of the programs I'm still looking for.  But if it
has problems, then I'm not so intereted.  OS-9 hard drives seem fragile
enough as it is, without running buggy software.

> You did learn how to get huge datasets into it, did you not.

No, I haven't gotten that far.  Just a little inventory of something I
only have 4 of, just to see if it actually worked.

To import data, I'd guess you'd need to write a proper input form.  I
just used the automatic form and report generators, so I don't know
how flexible the form language actually is.

> Typing it all in by hand would make anyone back away quickly.

Being taught SQL make me back away from ALL database work for about a
decade.  I'm sort of easing my way back into it, splitting my database
time between MySQL (yuck, SQL!), Paradox 3.5 (always my favorite), and
now Sculptor.

Of course, if I really want *PAIN*, I have dBase II for CP/M and
TRSDOS... ;-)

> (Note to self, where are my Sculptor files?)

/nil? /dev/null? NUL:? NULL:?

Willard
Willard Goosey  goosey at sdc.org
Socorro, New Mexico, USA