[Coco] forums restore

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 8 20:24:03 EDT 2009

I remember back in 93-94 when I was running my RiBBS system.  Virus's and
hackers were a very minor problem for the MAC types, a moderate to serious
problem for the MS-DOS types, and absolutely NO issue at all for Coco/OS-9
systems.  Our systems were secure in a way that no MS-dos system ever could
be.

It was the WWW that killed Coco/OS-9 BBS's.  We just didn't have the
horsepower to keep up.

That’s changed today.  The Coco4 project could point the way.