[Coco] drivewire in emulator?

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Wed Jul 8 00:41:29 EDT 2009

Robert Gault wrote:
> Aaron Wolfe wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> I am developing software for the Drivewire interface, so it's a
>> requirement in this particular case.
>>

> OK, now it all makes sense. :)
>
> Aaron, the Vavasour/Collyer emulator for the Coco3 emulates a serial
> port (I assume bit banger). There could be a problem depending on the
> number of serial ports on your PC as one must be assigned to the
> emulator and another to Drivewire. Then you would need to connect the
> two ports together with a null-modem connector.

I still say for the project the OP is developing mounting a hard drive
image between the emulator and a real coco runing drivewire would be
perfect (I'm assuming he's using OS/9) he should be able to load nitros9
with drivewire drivers in VCC or any other suitable emulator, edit his
sources and compile in the emulator, shut down the emulator and then
mount the emulators drive image in the drivewire server and then boot
the real coco to test his new drivewire extensions.