[Coco] drivewire in emulator?

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Tue Jul 7 23:56:53 EDT 2009

The current methods for moving files from the PC file system to the emulated
file system are clunky and non-intuitive.  And MESS is no saint there
either.  I've had it mung up floppy images on me too many times.  So giving
emulators access to drivewire just makes things easier.  If the emulators
did everything the hardware coco does, I'd probably never plug the hardware
one in again.

I like using the Vcc emulator.  Its faster, (like 40 times faster),I get to
use my big LCD screen and my nice laser wireless mouse and my wireless
keyboard, and I don't have to move out of my favorite chair. But the
emulator can't run a BBS or talk to the outside world, yet.  Once it can,
I'll be in hog heaven<g>.

No dirty edgecard contacts, no blown CPUs, no misaligned floppies and twenty
year old HDs refusing to spin up.  And the joysticks?  God forbid I should
ever have to use a Coco joystick on purpose again.  I think the emulators
are the best thing to happen since computers were invented in the first
place.