[Coco] drivewire in emulator?

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Tue Jul 7 17:02:08 EDT 2009

Aaron Wolfe wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone know of a Coco emulator that can provide a serial port
> usable in some way by Drivewire?
>
> I am on the waiting list for a rgb->vga convertor, but until one is
> available, developing on my real Coco is somewhat tedious (40 glorious
> blurry columns :)
>
> -Aaron

I would imagine any coco emulator that can bind the bit banger to a real
serial port would work you would have to have the emulator running on
one computer and drivewire server on the other though. and I have never
even attempted such a setup before so YMMV also one issue I can see from
the get go is that the emulator may hard code the Serial baud rate to
some ridiculously low number which might defeat the high speed bit
banger routines of drivewire.

It might be possible to mount nitros9 on an emulator instead and do most
of your development on that image and then mount the image on drivewire
server and boot it on your coco3 for testing after you compile your code
that might be a much easier way to do your development.