[Coco] Wireless Coco Keyboard

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Sat Jul 4 08:18:23 EDT 2009

Paul Fitch wrote:
>  Has anyone combined the AT keyboard interface (from Cloud9 or homebuild)
> with a ps/2 to USB plug (the kind thatcomes with USB only keyboards) and a
> wireless AT keyboard dongle to make a wireless keyboard?  I imagine when
> installed the keyboard interface and dongle would stay within the Cocos
> case.

I don't think that would work, as I believe the PS/2 to USB plug is just
that a 1:1 converter, it has no electronics inside it. The keyboard is
intelegent enough to know if it is plugged into a USB or a PS/2 port and
  adjusts what it outputs acordingly.

So you couldn't use such a converter to plug in a USB wireless dongle to
a PS/2 to CoCo interface, as the dongle would still be trying to talk
USB which of course the CoCo interface would not understand.

Cheers.

Phill.