[Coco] OT: Graphics tablet instead of mouse?

Frank Swygert farna at att.net
Thu Jul 23 19:45:41 EDT 2009

I don't belong to any other "computer geek" groups, so hope no one minds
this question too much.

I was looking for a touch pad to use with a computer (let's pretend I'm
going to run a CoCo emulator on it...) instead of a mouse due mainly to
space restrictions. Couldn't find one (didn't look real hard...), but
did run across some rather cheap ($20) 4x3" graphics pads
(http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=WP4030&cat=MOU). The working
are is 4x3, the pad is actually about 6x5", just a little smaller than a
mouse pad, but then the cords not dragging around and such.

Anyone used something similar in place of a mouse? The description says
"all mouse functions". I've found an article or two alluding to using
one in place of a mouse, but nothing direct. Most are in reference to
photo editing, which isn't what I want to do. One did mention that it
was good for carpal tunnel sufferers as there was less wrist movement
(but more arm movement).

If you don't want to continue this thread on the CoCo List by all means
send me an e-mail instead!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"