[Coco] auto-starting game paks

John Eric jet.pack at ymail.com
Thu Jan 22 16:16:01 EST 2009

Roger, the simplest answer to your question is: The 6809 interrupts are (obviously) NMI*, FIRQ*, IRQ*, RESET* (yes, that's an interrupt), SWI1, SWI2, and SWI3. The reason that the Q clock will not continuously trigger the interrupt is that all of the above interrupts, except SWI2 and SWI3, will AUTOMATICALLY (when triggered) set the I flag during their respective interrupt sequences, thereby disabling interrupts before the interrupt service routine even begins execution. Interrupts must then be re-enabled, if needed. -Jeric